April NSS News

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: April NSS News

Postby PYoungbaer » Apr 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Nice job! Yes, the $2 Convention tradition was kept alive this past summer in Vermont. We got $1000 in $2 bills and "sold" (swapped) them at registration (took some advance work with the local bank - Colorado take notice). We had the local newspaper write it up as part of a big article that appeared in the Sunday paper the day of the Geology Tour. We asked convention goers to go and spend them locally, so that the local businesses that sponsored and/or welcomed cavers knew when one was there, and to demonstrate the economic impact of cavers and the Convention. The newspaper told area residents something like, "If someone hands you a $2 bill this week, they are likely a caver."
PYoungbaer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16161 CM FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Vermont Cavers Association

Postby nathanroser » Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Are there any other sort of strange easter eggs like that in the NSS? I found a plastic Easter Island head with my membership stuff in the mail when I joined in January.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Postby caverdan » Apr 25, 2011 3:14 pm

PYoungbaer wrote:Nice job! Yes, the $2 Convention tradition was kept alive this past summer in Vermont. We got $1000 in $2 bills and "sold" (swapped) them at registration (took some advance work with the local bank - Colorado take notice). We had the local newspaper write it up as part of a big article that appeared in the Sunday paper the day of the Geology Tour. We asked convention goers to go and spend them locally, so that the local businesses that sponsored and/or welcomed cavers knew when one was there, and to demonstrate the economic impact of cavers and the Convention. The newspaper told area residents something like, "If someone hands you a $2 bill this week, they are likely a caver."

We are on it, Peter......see you at convention :cavingrocks:
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Postby cavemud2 » May 5, 2011 8:02 am

PYoungbaer wrote:Maybe Dave Bunnell's running some sort of Where's Waldo contest? You could donate it to the Organ Cave SWAT team training fund. :tonguecheek:

HAHA But no I didnt get one in my news either..
Randy Gandy Club 2011 :bat sticker:
cavemud2
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 62,925
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Parkersburg Area Grotto

Previous

Return to Publications