White Nose Syndrome

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

White Nose Syndrome

Postby Raven Lady » Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

HI. I live in the Detroit Michigan area and am planning a fund raiser to help research for the White Nose Syndome. Since it may be affecting the caving in the states, I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I am planning a 5K to raise money in Warren Michigan, this October. If anyone is interested in run/walk please let me know. This is my first fund raiser of this type and am working with the City of Warren.

I used to go caving - back in the day. Miss it. And I want others to experience what I did.

Thanks

Raven Lady
Raven Lady
New Poster

Re: White Nose Syndrome

Postby Phil Winkler » Apr 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Good move. All entrants should certainly powder their noses, too. :laughing:
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby ArCaver » Apr 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Phil Winkler wrote:Good move. All entrants should certainly powder their noses, too. :laughing:

A little zinc oxide would be appropriate. Or maybe eat a beignet before the run.
ArCaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby nathanroser » Apr 17, 2011 7:54 pm

ArCaver wrote:A little zinc oxide would be appropriate.

Zinc oxide!? Next thing you know they'll start thinking lifeguards spread white nose, then I'll be doubly screwed for being a caver and a lifeguard.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Postby Cheryl Jones » Apr 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Raven Lady wrote:HI. I live in the Detroit Michigan area and am planning a fund raiser to help research for the White Nose Syndome. Since it may be affecting the caving in the states, I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I am planning a 5K to raise money in Warren Michigan, this October. If anyone is interested in run/walk please let me know. This is my first fund raiser of this type and am working with the City of Warren.

I used to go caving - back in the day. Miss it. And I want others to experience what I did.

Thanks

Raven Lady

:kewl: Thanks! What do you plan to do with the money? Donate it to the NSS's WNS Rapid Response Find I hope! http://caves.org/WNS/Rapid_Response.shtml

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby PYoungbaer » Apr 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Raven Lady wrote:HI. I live in the Detroit Michigan area and am planning a fund raiser to help research for the White Nose Syndome. Since it may be affecting the caving in the states, I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I am planning a 5K to raise money in Warren Michigan, this October. If anyone is interested in run/walk please let me know. This is my first fund raiser of this type and am working with the City of Warren.

Thanks

Raven Lady

Hi, Raven Lady. You are awesome! Thank you for doing this, especially in Michigan, where people are just beginning to focus in on WNS. May I suggest that you go to the NSS' WNS website and scroll down to the Education section. The top item is the most up-to-date brochure on the subject, including the most recent map. This is free for you to download and print out and have copies available during your 5K run.

I would second Cheryl's suggestion to donate the proceeds to the NSS' White Nose Syndrome Rapid Response Fund. We have funded a dozen critical research grants to date. All funds go directly to research - no indirect costs - so it's very efficient.

Thank you! :clap: :patriotic2: :thanks:
PYoungbaer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16161 CM FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Vermont Cavers Association

Return to Caver Introductions