Missing WVASS maps

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Missing WVASS maps

Postby nathanroser » Mar 21, 2011 10:08 am

So the group I go caving with, Syracuse University Outing Club has a number of WVASS publications in our library including the 1995 Randolph County Guide and the 2000 Convention Guide. However, it seems over the years people have taken the maps from the packet separate from the book and never thought to make backup copies or scan them. I am wondering if anyone here still has complete copies of maps from the guides and would be willing to share some assuming there are no copyright issues. I'm not looking for locations since I can usually figure those out but having access to detailed maps of some of the more complex systems our club likes to visit such as Flowerpot, New Trout, and Hamilton would be nice.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Re: Missing WVASS maps

Postby Bob Thrun » Mar 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Both of the publications you mention are still in print for $26 and $28 respectively.

see http://www.wvass.org/publications.html
Bob Thrun
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Missing WVASS maps

Postby nathanroser » Mar 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Ahhh nevermind, someone managed to find the maps sitting in a dark corner of the bookshelves in some inconspicuous white envelopes. And it turns out we have some other nice old ones in our collection that are now out of print.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Return to Publications