The mysteries of Karrantza-Carranza, Spain

Post cave-related articles published in the mainstream media here. Please observe copyrights, posting only short excerpts with link to full article.

Moderator: Moderators

The mysteries of Karrantza-Carranza, Spain

Postby Wayne Harrison » Jun 27, 2007 5:52 am

The cave of Pozalagua, which has been described as the “Versailles” of geology, is the final destination of this route, taking us through the westernmost part of Bizkaia. There, within the region of the Encartaciones, we come upon the Valley of Karrantza or Carranza.

In this is rural setting, protected by the mountains, the visitor will discover wonders ranging from dinosaurs (faithfully reconstructed, of course) to the fantasy creatures of a Baroque altarpiece which had remained hidden up till now.

<a href="http://www.eitb24.com/new/en/B24_55126/routes/The-mysteries-of-Karrantza-Carranza/">Full Story</a>
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Re: The mysteries of Karrantza-Carranza, Spain

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Jun 27, 2007 10:26 am

Wayne Harrison wrote:The cave of Pozalagua, which has been described as the “Versailles” of geology, is the final destination of this route, taking us through the westernmost part of Bizkaia. There, within the region of the Encartaciones, we come upon the Valley of Karrantza or Carranza.

Boy I need to get out more, I've never even heard of those places. :doh:
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Postby Baazalung » Jul 4, 2007 1:24 am

Bizkaia is the geographical region corresponding to the Gulf of Biscay. That is ... Spanish side. Ahm, part of :doh:

Google it and you'll see what I mean. It's too early in the morning for me. I was just trying to say that you've never heard of those places because of the weird way the spanish spell the names...
It's better down here than out there...
Baazalung
Frequent Poster

Return to Caves, Caving In The News Forum