Caving near Huntsville?

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Caving near Huntsville?

Postby AndyStroup » Mar 8, 2010 9:14 pm

I just moved to Somerville and don't know any cavers in the area. If anyone is interested in helping me break in my new ropewalker this weekend, I would certainly appreciate it. I have also invested in a new cavelight and that will be an experience. It is that new Lupine Betty. Anyway with alot of new gear that needs to get dirty, I just need some help. I always go safely, with at least three people. If you are interested please reply and I'll get you a phone number. Thanks. Yes I'm an NSS member but the Huntsville grotto has already had their monthly meeting. :bat sticker:
AndyStroup
Infrequent Poster

Re: Caving near Huntsville?

Postby BlackLabelCaver » Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm

There's lots of caves in your area. I have permision to cave in most of Newsome Sinks, I've got permission from the landowners at Hughs, Eudy and Skidmore as well. I have the keys to the gated fields for Eudy and Skidmore so there wouldn't be a walk. As far as Newsome Sinks, I have permission for the upper part of the sinks with Wolf Cave and the Deep pit and afew o the other pits and caves that used to be on the Taylor place.

Up from that part of your area I also have permission to use 3 of the entrances to Telucah.
Too many places, not enough gas
BlackLabelCaver
Occasional Poster

Re: Caving near Huntsville?

Postby Marduke » Aug 12, 2010 6:07 am

Contact Mark Ostrander in the Huntsville grotto. They are doing a trip to Gross Skeleton this Saturday.
Warning: Don't use this forum! Only armchair cavers and trolls reside here.
Marduke
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum