Trip to Howard's Waterfall cave.

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Trip to Howard's Waterfall cave.

Postby anthonytsi » Aug 3, 2008 3:39 pm

Today, 8-3-08, I picked up Johnathan "wolf" and we went to Howard's Waterfall cave. My nephew (Phillip) and my wife (Heather) were with us and we were hoping that my wife could experience going underground for the first time. She got about 15 feet into the entrance when her claustrophobia took over and decided this was not for her. I am very proud of her for trying. She got in the car and visited a family member while the 3 of us went into the cave.
While we were outside the entrance, we met a couple of cavers from out of town ( Stephanie and Cole ) that had never been to this cave before and did not have a map, so we invited them to tag along. They were very nice, and we enjoyed their company, and I hope they enjoyed ours.
We chose to go to the Disaster room for this trip. Johnathan made the trip very interesting by showing us some crawls and alternate routes that I've overlooked in the past, as well as making sense of the geology of the rock and formations.
I wish we had more time to explore, and I can't wait for our next cave.
Anthony. :kewl:
Lets go caving !
SCCI # 2763
anthonytsi
Prolific Poster

Re: Trip to Howard's Waterfall cave.

Postby boothbyf » Aug 4, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi,

I am responding to the post dated 8-3-08. A group of 6-8 of us are planning on going rock climbing in Sand Rock, AL. I have been inside Howard's Waterfall Cave twice before but never with a good map or other information about the cave. We would like to revisit the cave on this trip and I was wondering if anybody might have any maps and/or additional information advice for us. If so, my phone number is (269) 325-6720 and my name is Fred. My email address is boothby@andrews.edu.

Thanks,
Fred
boothbyf
New Poster

Re: Trip to Howard's Waterfall cave.

Postby Scott Parvin » Aug 4, 2008 3:44 pm

boothbyf wrote:. We would like to revisit the cave on this trip and I was wondering if anybody might have any maps and/or additional information advice for us.

Hi Fred!

You should contact the SCCi and they should be able to provide you with the information you need. They own and manage the access to Howards Waterfall Cave.

http://www.scci.org

Hope this helps! :bat sticker:
Scott A. Parvin
NSS 29279 RL, FE
Disclaimer -- Views expressed are mine and do not reflect the opinion of the NSS or Board of Governors.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
Scott Parvin
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 29279 LF
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum