Wards cave family trip

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Wards cave family trip

Postby tncaveres » Jun 9, 2007 3:26 pm

Well we had a great time at Wards Cave today. Took the whole family too! :banana:

It was my youngest daughters first cave trip. Micah is 2yrs old.
We started out with the top entrance & made our way back to the dome. Did not go much farther than that due to the water in a crawling passage being to deep for Micah.
Along the way I was able to point out a few cave critters to the kids.
We then made our way back towards the entrance & took a right into a crawling side passage. We took it till it dead end & made our way back to the big room entrance.
By this time the kids were ready for a water break & some snacks.
We then crossed the big room & went to the next passage which after a few up climbs & down climbs brought us to the second entrance & room. Walking was pretty easy in this portion of the cave.

From there we went to the passage on the left & followed it to 2 big rooms with pretty high ceilings. I made the climb up to the left in the last room & came to a long crack that had a 15 to 20 foot drop into a deep pool of water.
I decided to turn around since the rest of the family would not be able to make there way through that passage.
We then made our way back out to the 2 entrance. After exiting the entrance I went to another cave that was a short distance from the 2 entrance. It is nothing but really tight passage that zig zags for a few hundred feet. Got to the end of it & turned around. Family did not go in the second cave due to the tight passage.
From there we made our way back to the truck & took one last pic.
Last edited by tncaveres on Jun 9, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can't get enough!!
tncaveres
Frequent Poster

Postby tncaveres » Jun 9, 2007 5:07 pm

Here is Hunter & me coming out of a low passage.

Hey Bull this pic was just for you :laughing:
Even my kids now that all responsible cavers wear gloves. :doh:

Wonder how that got there? :shock:
Can't get enough!!
tncaveres
Frequent Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum