A day at my job, and a little cave(s) discovered!

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Postby Lost4Fun » May 29, 2007 2:36 am

Spectacular discovery! So pristine, and without traffic. Every single person that has access to this road is at the very least a millionaire. These are not likely people that stop their Rolls Royce to get dirty and walk up a ravine to climb up to a little cave like this. I bet this cave sees less than 10 people per year...

Check out the colors, the layers. There were a lot of bones at the bottom. I wonder if a cougar uses it?

Lost4Fun
Occasional Poster

Postby Lost4Fun » May 29, 2007 2:37 am

And finally, a picture of my work site from that first tiny cave from before: Hard to spot, but there's a wooden fence up there to the left.
Lost4Fun
Occasional Poster

Postby adleedy » May 29, 2007 12:56 pm

ummmm so, how long are these "caves"
Alan D. Leedy

E.R.V.K.E.T Life Member

SAVE CAVE RIVERS http://WWW.8RIVERSSAFEDEVELOPMENT.COM
adleedy
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: alan dwayne leedy
NSS #: 56663
Primary Grotto Affiliation: charleston grotto + ERVKET

Postby Lost4Fun » May 29, 2007 7:57 pm

adleedy, I went out of my way to repeat myself several times here and overstate that they were weak and little and tiny. Please don't make me spit out a number and embrass myself further. The second one went back a little ways, but no more than perhaps 25-30 feet, where it would be very thin.

Go ahead and just take your laugh at the rookie and that will be that. It's my very first.

If anyone else thinks this doesn't count, and this post should not have been made, I'm sorry. I'll stifle my future urges to share so much.

Thanks.
Lost4Fun
Occasional Poster

Postby Realms » May 29, 2007 8:04 pm

It will be alright man :kewl:
never stop imagining what could someday come to pass...
Realms
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Scott McCrea » May 29, 2007 8:06 pm

Lost4Fun wrote:The second one went back a little ways, but no more than perhaps 25-30 feet, where it would be very thin.

That's a decent size cave in many parts of the world, including NC.
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby NZcaver » May 30, 2007 1:28 am

Nice scenery out there! :kewl:

Might be a good place to look for (more) caves. :big grin:

Best we not stifle the enthusiasm of a newcomer, lest this attitude eventually dooms us to extinction...
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Lost4Fun » Jun 3, 2007 12:25 pm

Whew. Glad to hear there a lot of tiny caves. For a minute I felt real silly - sort of like a kid posting a picture of a minnow he caught fishing on a forum with fishing pros. :)

Thanks ya'll.
Lost4Fun
Occasional Poster

Postby adleedy » Jun 3, 2007 8:15 pm

Lost4Fun wrote:adleedy, I went out of my way to repeat myself several times here and overstate that they were weak and little and tiny. Please don't make me spit out a number and embrass myself further. The second one went back a little ways, but no more than perhaps 25-30 feet, where it would be very thin.

Go ahead and just take your laugh at the rookie and that will be that. It's my very first.

If anyone else thinks this doesn't count, and this post should not have been made, I'm sorry. I'll stifle my future urges to share so much.

Thanks.

Sorry didnt mean to come across rude or poke fun, i just couldnt tell that the caves went back at all, 25 to 30 feet is nothing to be ashamed of. :grin:
to further clarify it only seemed to me like the cave went back a foot or so, which i would not classify that as a cave, hense the original " " sorry for the confusion
Alan D. Leedy

E.R.V.K.E.T Life Member

SAVE CAVE RIVERS http://WWW.8RIVERSSAFEDEVELOPMENT.COM
adleedy
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: alan dwayne leedy
NSS #: 56663
Primary Grotto Affiliation: charleston grotto + ERVKET

Previous

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum