Shenandoha? Valley...wild cave guide(ance)?

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Shenandoha? Valley...wild cave guide(ance)?

Postby bill fish » Feb 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi...

Caver here, caving on and off since the Reagan era....hundreds of caves and thousands of hours underground...

Anyhow, myself and 3 friends are coming up to the Shenandoha valley area to ski in the last week of Feb....starting on the 23rd IIRC....at the Massanuten Ski resort....did Bryce last year about this time...

These folks are all retired/semi retired.....late 50's early 60's but in reasonable shape and somewhat outdoorsy/adventurous...but no caving experience besides the occasional tour cave....

I was wondering if anybody might be available to lead a really easy wild cave trip for us up in that area....and most likely something pretty short.....half day probably from leaving the car to getting back....

If anyone thinks they might....I'll give more details on myself and the folks abilities.....

Oh...and if someone has a really tight and blowing hard lead/dig they need help on...I might be your man :)

thanks!

Blll

forgive how I spell too :)
bill fish
Frequent Poster

Postby leamster » Apr 2, 2007 1:41 pm

You should contact any of the big colleges in the area, UVA and JMU have pretty big grottos. We at JMU could help you out... obviously its well past February, but for anyone in the area who wants to go caving. We go on trips every weekend around VA and WV, and though there will be a lot less during the summer (school's out) some of the members are staying in the area.
leamster
Infrequent Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum