Gnome Creamery

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Gnome Creamery

Postby Lava » Sep 23, 2005 11:34 am

My wife has really come into her own as a caver lately, and has been bugging me to go and do Ellisons. I've been quite a few times, but it's probably been 7 years or so since the last time. I've told my wife enough about the cave that she is adamant we visit the Gnome Creamery. Now I could probably find the North Pole without any trouble (fingers crossed), but I have no idea how to get to any further landmarks. Is it possible for someone to give me verbal directions from the base of Fantastic Pit to the Gnome Creamery? Probably unlikely, but I thought I'd ask.
Lava
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce White
NSS #: 39223
Primary Grotto Affiliation: San Francisco Bay Chapter

Postby Scott McCrea » Sep 23, 2005 12:46 pm

It's been a few years since I've been there too and there's probably someone here that can tell you better than I, but just in case...

Once you get to the North Pole, you're practically there. You've passed all the confusing stuff. I believe you just continue down the passage past the NP. Seems like there is a bit of a breakdown jumble that you follow the elephant tracks thru (which is above Angel's Paradise) and you pop out in the Gnome's Creamery. I don't think it's very far from NP to GC, maybe 1000' or less.

Again, my details may be off, but I think that's the way it goes. I always remember thinking, if I can just find the NP, it's smooth sailing from there. Of course, I am assuming you are coming from the Fantastic side.
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Postby Lava » Sep 23, 2005 2:05 pm

Thanks Scott. Weird, my memory has Gnome Creamery way further on closer to Incredible Pit than that. But you're the second person who has told me this, so I'm sure it's right. Now that I know this, it's making me paranoid I can't actually get to the North Pole!
Lava
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce White
NSS #: 39223
Primary Grotto Affiliation: San Francisco Bay Chapter

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum