Cave diving in Barbados

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Cave diving in Barbados

Postby Blubbb » Oct 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi,
i am heading to Barbados soon. There seem to be some caves there. Does anyone know a dive base on Barbados that offers cave diving.
Greetings
Blubbb
Blubbb
New Poster

Re: Cave diving in Barbados

Postby chac » Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi Blubbb,

Welcome to the forum! Barbados has three well known dry caves, two of these are commercial caves. There are numerous wild caves as well. Google "GeoArchaeology of the Caves of Barbados, West Indies (2013)". You should also try a general google search on Barbados Speleology. You will get a feel for the caves on this island.

To the best of my knowledge any cave diving there would involve sump diving in the local dry caves and these would be short sumps. I am sure there are also a few short sea caves to have a look at.

As far as I know there are not any dive facilities that cater to cave divers. Have a look around, bring dry cave equipment if you are looking for sumps. You will probably need a guide to find these caves. Also check with the more popular dive facilities by email or phone.

I hope this helps!

Jim
Jim Coke
chac
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 26442

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum