Trip Report: Speleo-Ed in California

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Trip Report: Speleo-Ed in California

Postby wendy » May 18, 2006 1:12 pm

I had a great time in California this past weekend. It was my first time west of Alabama. So I was in awe of everything I saw. And I met lots of new people, and even ran into someone I had met at convention in Huntsville.

Upon arrival I went to Moaning Cavern and did the 165' rappel.

The I headed over to Calaveras Big Trees State Park, where I would be camping with 80 members of the Western Region of the NSS. Saturday was some seminars on various cave topics. But I still managed to see some sites in the park.

Sunday I went on the photo workshop trip to Natural Bridges.

Sunday evening I headed over to Black Chasm Cavern and in the morning I got to see the cave before flying out in the afternoon.

Special thanks to Matt Bowers, Dave Bunnell, Bruce Brand, and Greg Francek for making my trip a great one.
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby speloman » May 18, 2006 2:54 pm

Great Pics!!!!!!! Looks like it was a blast. Someday I will find some time to go to events and get some awsome caving in. I havent even been to a NSS Convention. Thanks for the awsome pics.
Justin Gleason 48217RE
:looking: If you can't grow it, I mine it.
speloman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Justin Gleason
NSS #: 48217RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Northern Nevada Grotto

Postby brettrj » May 18, 2006 7:46 pm

I've been on the Black Chasm commercial tour, they were still constructing trails into a new section at the time.

Nice images, any more details or a link to more?
brettrj
Infrequent Poster

Postby wendy » May 19, 2006 1:07 am

brettrj wrote:I've been on the Black Chasm commercial tour, they were still constructing trails into a new section at the time.

Nice images, any more details or a link to more?

no more pictures to post, but a play by play of the trip is in my blog at myspace.com/wendylou224, but you have to request o be on my friend list to read it. shoot me an e-mail over there along with your friend add request so I know you are from here, as I don't like complete strangers on my friend list
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum