Neversink Parking Location

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Neversink Parking Location

Postby ianreuter10 » Jun 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently on a trip down in TAG right now and am hoping to drop Neversink before I leave. So far all the SCCi preserves I have emailed have gotten back to me quick with tons of information and permits for the caves, which has been great. However, this has not been the case with the Neversink managers. I realize they are probably extremely busy or just missed my email, but I am hopefully I can get some help from you guys, in respect to locating the parking area for the preserve. I'm aware that the preserve does not require a permit like many of the other properties owned by the SCCi, but since it is my first trip to this region I am unaware of where the parking area for Neversink is located. The last thing I would want to do is accidentally park in the wrong area and have a incident that reflects badly on cavers as a whole. If someone could please PM me with directions to, or the location of the Neversink preserve parking area, or at least put me in touch with someone who could, that would be great. Thanks.
ianreuter10
Infrequent Poster

Name: ian reuter
NSS #: 65259
Primary Grotto Affiliation: paha sapa grotto

Re: Neversink Parking Location

Postby ron_miller » Jun 15, 2015 11:42 am

Ian,

I just read your post. Sorry that our Neversink preserve managers did not respond to your email inquiry; I will send you an email shortly.

As I'm sure you're aware, all of our preserve managers are volunteers, so they are not always able to respond immediately to email inquiries. That said, we do try our best to respond to emails within a day or so. In the future, if you don't hear back from an SCCi preserve manager within a day or two, you can contact the appropriate SCCi regional manager, or our stewardship chair - their contact information is posted on our web site.

Thanks for your support of SCCi!

Ron Miller
Chair
Southeastern Cave Conservancy, Inc.
ron_miller
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum