Grand Cayman

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Grand Cayman

Postby ianreuter10 » Jul 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi Cavers,

I am heading to Grand Cayman for a 3 week trip next week and I was wondering about the caves on the island. I know there are some decent sized ones, but I have no idea as to there location or how to gain access to them. I am hoping someone will be able to pass along some contact information, or knowledge that would be helpful to me.
Thanks
ianreuter10
Infrequent Poster

Name: ian reuter
NSS #: 65259
Primary Grotto Affiliation: paha sapa grotto

Re: Grand Cayman

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Maybe you already know about this information but I figured that I would share it anyways. I hope you find this link helpful: http://www.caymanislands.co.uk/activiti ... tours.aspx

And here is another link which talks specifically about Grand Cayman Island and the activities that can be done including caving on the island: traveltips.usatoday.com/things-grand-cayman-20846.html
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby ianreuter10 » Jul 20, 2014 9:10 pm

thanks for all the help so far. I wont be traveling to Cayman Brac this trip though so those caves are not too important to my search. I have visited the Cayman Brac caves before though, and they are pretty nice, all of them are pretty short though.
ianreuter10
Infrequent Poster

Postby ianreuter10 » Jul 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Here is an example of what I am talking about: http://www.caymannewsservice.com/scienc ... ave-threat, however I can find no locations or contacts to ask how to find the location and gain permission to enter. Its proving quite hard to do accomplish anything since it appears the Cayman Islands don't have any kind of organized caving club.
ianreuter10
Infrequent Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum