Indiana's Binkley's Cave-Movin up

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Indiana's Binkley's Cave-Movin up

Postby Cody JW » Oct 2, 2013 11:49 am

This past weekend Binkley 's Cave in Harrison County Indiana was further extended another 1700 plus feet in 28 survey shots . This extension pushed this cave past Tennessee's Blue Spring Cave and into a tie for 9th place with West Virginia Organ Cave. 38.4 miles is now the length and I understand they also crossed another drainage divide . Many leads in the cave and a motivated group led by Dave Everton are there surveying almost every weekend and have been for a few years now. This cave has been creeping up the US long cave list as a result of their efforts, when they began their push a few years ago the cave was just over 20 miles. They are getting these miles the hard way as many trips are wetsuit trips. Thanks go out to Dave Everton, Tim Mc Clain, Brad Barcum, Tim Pride , Rand Hazelett and also to legacy cavers who began this project like Gary Roberson, John Benton, "Fig" Newton, Terry "Dog" Crayden 50 years ago. Keep your eye's on the long cave list as I am sure further upward movement will come . I would also like to mention this project is an open and transparent project . Anyone who wishes to participate is welcome and project leaders will tailor a trip around the abilities of anyone. They also have a weekly e- mail update with trip reports, topo overlays and announcements of upcoming objectives that anyone can get. Got to love an open, transparent project where anyone of any ability is welcome. Sorry for any names I misspelled.
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum