Looking for experienced help with a project in Peru

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Looking for experienced help with a project in Peru

Postby cieloinperu » May 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi there

Its my first time posting here, but we have an exciting opportunity and are not experienced cavers so need some help putting this together.

I am Australian and my partner is Peruvian. We live in the jungle in Peru and I have been here 6 yers.

In 2008 I viisited a remote area deep in the jungle here in Peru. Since we have been visiting this place once or twice a year.

In this place live only natives many have never left the jungle. There is a cave here that the natives say that when the invasion of the spaish happened the Incas fled to the jungle and entered this cave. No one has ever gone into it as the natives are afraid as they have heard many sounds such as machinery and music coming from deep within. It is possile that Inca escaped here and continue to live.

What we are after is help funding and experienced cavers to form an expedition to enter this cave.

Can anyone suggest anything to us how to go about this?

Love Cielo
cieloinperu
New Poster

Re: Looking for experienced help with a project in Peru

Postby ian mckenzie » May 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Start by contacting the local Peruvian cavers. They used to have a website, maybe you can find them or caver Jhon Huaman Canchanya thru Google. Google can also lead you to recent Peruvian expeditions led by foreigners.
ian mckenzie
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Alberta Speleological Society

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum