Lost Creek Cave

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Lost Creek Cave

Postby Bradford1843 » Mar 25, 2013 2:41 pm

I went to this Cave about 4 years ago I believe it was?? Well I am in Crossville TN for a couple days and was hoping to go back there. But was wanting to make sure it is still open? I know a lot of caves are starting to become closed, espeically those on state land. I am from MO and all caves on State Land are closed, but I am unfamiliar with the laws in this area. Does anyone have more information on wheter or not this cave is open/closed or who the person to contact to find out would be?
Bradford1843
Infrequent Poster

Name: Michael Bradford
NSS #: 64222
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MSM Spelunkers

Re: Lost Creek Cave

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Mar 25, 2013 3:37 pm

It is owned by the State of TN now and they are currently asking cavers to stay out. The State says they are working on a management plan for it to be open in the future.
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Re: Lost Creek Cave

Postby fireman1904 » Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm

They must not be trying too hard to keep people out. I was at the property a couple weeks ago and while there about 5 cars and a church bus showed up with a huge group of kids and they all went in. Only saw one sign on the property saying it was closed and it was 10 feet up in a tree and it was on a paper that was almost the same color as the tree. If I had not been purposely trying to find it, it would have been very easy to miss.
Mike Woolard
NSS# 49891
HCG, ICS, ISS, SCCi, Chattanooga Grotto
fireman1904
Frequent Poster

Name: Mike Woolard
NSS #: 49891

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum