guide needed this weekend for Pine Hill (KY)

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

guide needed this weekend for Pine Hill (KY)

Postby farmacresinohio » Aug 6, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello fellow cavers---
Me and my daughter Victoria (18 years) are seeking someone to guide us to (through) Pine Hill cave in KY this upcoming weekend; hopefully a local resident. I know this is short notice, but we are trying to fit this in before her return to college. We live in Waverly, OH. Guidance through additional (nearby) caves appreciated. Hope to hear from you.

Anthony (Waverly, OH)
farmacresinohio
New Poster

Name: anthony john

Re: guide needed this weekend for Pine Hill (KY)

Postby GroundquestMSA » Aug 7, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi there Anthony. If you can't get anyone to go with you to, you can go without a guide. Caving isn't nearly as deadly as some try to make you believe, and Pine Hill is an easy cave to navigate. If you equip yourselves properly, take it slow, and pay attention, there's no reason that you can't have a nice trip without a guide. I can send you a map of Pine Hill cave if you wish. If you have any specific questions about the cave or what you may need, fire away.

I thought of a nearby Ohio cave that you may be able to visit. It is called Frost Cave in Pike County. It's very short, but it has a nice entrance and is as good a beginners cave as you will find in Ohio. It's on YMCA property I think, and access should be easy to obtain. I'll look into that some more for you.
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum