Looking for Cave and Motorcycle riding 'Buddy'..

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Re: Looking for Cave and Motorcycle riding 'Buddy'..

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jul 5, 2012 7:48 am

Good luck and welcome to Cavechat. :waving:

I see you've also posted to the CDF. I think that you'd have a better chance there, but hey--nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck. (My cycle has pedals, so I won't be joining you. :) )

FYI, to any cavers reading this. The "full cave cert." is in reference to a cave diving certification. "Full" means you've completed all 4 steps (Cavern, Intro, Apprentice, and Full)
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby aa3jy » Nov 13, 2012 10:46 am

Sent you a PM concerning missing/deleted post
aa3jy
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 64241

Postby Squirrel Girl » Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Yowsa! I screwed up. I was over-zealous when I deleted a spammer this other day, and took Clay out too, erroneously. :doh:

Here's the original post:

! Looking for Cave and Motorcycle riding 'Buddy'..

This is a stab in the dark request..but I'm in the planning stages of m/c riding to the Yucatan's famous Cenotes (Spanish wells)this Fall time frame..I'm looking for someone with experience and expertise in this rather unique form of sport of scuba diving and adventure style of riding...Dual sport rider, full cave cert. and speaks Spanish. Anyone out there with this background? If so..lets talk.

Clay
Kimberton,Pa.

BMW R1200GS/A

I'm sorry Clay! I hope you find a buddy!
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby aa3jy » Nov 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks for the re-post and a little sideline to this..I was in Mayo,Fl for further cave training, just before H/C 'Sandy', preparing my next leg of my motorcycle trip to Mexico. Watching the weather channel predicting an un-usual left turn of that storm thus heading towards the most populous portion of the US. So I high tales it back to the NE in a 14 hour non-stop(except for essentials)run (not un-usual for us beemer riders)just in time to get slammed by one of the most veracious storms in US weather history..

Folks..portions of Long Island,NY and upper NJ are still without power and the basics so in your hearts please consider giving to the "Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund".

Regards,

Clay AA3JY
R1200GS/A
aa3jy
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 64241

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum