I want to go caving. Montana. Wyoming. South Dakota.

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

I want to go caving. Montana. Wyoming. South Dakota.

Postby nedjustin » May 21, 2012 9:05 am

Hello. I will be hitch hiking around the Missoula area all of June. I would love to do any kind of caving I can get in on. I will have limited vertical gear, but all of my other supplies. I am 23 and from Colorado. I hope to get to meet some good/safe/ethical cavers in the area. Thanks for looking (and caving), Justin
nedjustin
Infrequent Poster

Re: I want to go caving. Montana. Wyoming. South Dakota.

Postby SuckinOnSodaStraws » May 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Have you caved much in Colorado? If you are ever in the Colorado Springs area you can message me. We have quite an active group of cavers. Our trips are mainly on weekends, and we usually have room for one more. Let us know how the travels go, watch you're back out there on the road.

--Alex
Crawlaholics
Alex Hesler
Crawlaholics
Colorado Springs Deep Caving Team
SuckinOnSodaStraws
Prolific Poster

Name: SLIM TROG [Alex Hesler]
NSS #: 64412
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Colorado Crawlaholics Anonymous

Postby Extremeophile » May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

I assume that's Justin Short from Nederland. He's a strong caver with a positive attitude and an all-around good guy. Someone should definitely take him caving.
Extremeophile
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Derek Bristol
NSS #: 34941
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Colorado Grotto

Postby nedjustin » May 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Yes, it is me. Thanks for the good word Derek. I have been in several caves in our wonderful state and am always up for some more. Im leaving here Monday or Tuesday. I will travel wherever I need to go caving . I am also planning on stopping by Glacier National before it melts out and Yellowstone. I know of some amazing caves and amazing people in South Dakota so I will probably go there before coming back home. If anyone goes through Newcastle on the way to the Black Hills stop by Isabelles Italian. Best food in that area for a good price. Again, thanks for looking and thanks for caving.
nedjustin
Infrequent Poster

Postby ian1210 » May 25, 2012 8:17 am

I know there will be several people up at Big Horn the second weekend in June. Should be about 30 cavers there, the trip is being hosted by Hole in the Wall. If Derek can vouch for you I'll be happy to have you along on any of my trips. Feel free to hit me up for more details, I'm in Billings MT and I go caving almost every weekend. secretary (at) cavesofmontana (dot) org or (MT area code) 85O-Zero736
ian1210
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Northern Rocky Mountain Grotto

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum