My First Trip to TAG

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

My First Trip to TAG

Postby MDiver429 » Feb 2, 2012 8:37 am

Went to TAG area this weekend for the first time! Checked out Tumbling Rock, Bluff River, and Limrock Blowing Cave! Had a great experience all around.

I was very impressed by Tumbling Rock. We spent almost 10 hours in the cave, and got stuck back by the Suicide passage. We made it to a room that had a lot of graffiti in it and "Mary can prevent forest fires" was written on the wall. We could not find the suicide passage and couldn't push any further that day. We checked out kings shower and went up into the dome room. It was really impressive! Anyone with any advice on pushing that area further, it'd be much appreciated! Overall though I thought my first cave in the TAG area, almost 9 hours in was not to bad!

The next day we headed over to Bluff River and couldn't find the cave entrance for almost 5 hours! We drove back down the mountain made a phone call and found it in 10 minutes when we went back! Boy did we feel stupid. LOL. Bluff River was beautiful. The scariest and most impressive part of the cave was the first room, the Room of Goo. I was a little worried about how I was going to make it up this wall of mud.

The last day we went to Limrock Blowing cave. Found this entrance much easier. Spent about 5 hours in the cave. Very beautiful large passage there, also. We checked out upstream and then went to the left where it split. We crawled thru lots of mud and water and made it to a very beautiful water and also found lots of beautiful rim-stone formations.

All in all my first trip to TAG was awesome.
I can't wait to go back soon.

Anyone have any recommendations for other caves to see? I am planning on starting to do some simpler vertical caves soon!
MDiver429
Occasional Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum