Pigeon Mountain/TAG Cavers!Plan a trip?

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Pigeon Mountain/TAG Cavers!Plan a trip?

Postby Mitch321 » Dec 19, 2011 5:09 pm

I am a 27 year-old male who is a semi-experienced caver that has just moved to the Chattanooga area. Currently finishing up a BS in Geology at UTC. I havent been caving in about 7 years, but want to get into it again as soon as possible. Went to a Chattanooga Grotto meeting but wasnt intrigued by thier activity. Im just looking for some experienced cavers to crawl into some holes with. Not very experienced with ropes, so im looking to learn. I would like to start off with a cave that will test my ability and hopefully build myself to do ellisons sooner than later. If you can help me out, or want to plan a trip I would love to get back into the fascination of caving.
Thanks, Mitch
Mitch321
New Poster

Name: Mitch
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Connecticutt Grotto

Re: Pigeon Mountain/TAG Cavers!Plan a trip?

Postby Yahtaa » Dec 21, 2011 10:01 am

Pigeon Mtn has some good caving opportunities. The group I belong to, Triforce Underground, will be doing a New Years Eve caving event. We haven't chosen a cave yet, but if you would like to join us I can keep you in the loop. Outside of that, you could always get a small group of friends together and do either the Waterfall route or Discovery Room route of PettyJohns. Both are good for getting your caving legs back. No real rope work, a couple of loop lines a long the way to both destinations. If you need a guide I'm sure someone from our group would offer. You can msg me on here, or find us on Facebook.
Derrick Mull
Triforce Underground
NSS#63556
SCCi#2965 (sustaining)
"Quench and squelch! You'll get through that hole."
Yahtaa
Occasional Poster

Name: Derrick Mull
NSS #: 63556

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum