April 7-10th sometime, MO, trip?!?!?

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

April 7-10th sometime, MO, trip?!?!?

Postby self-deleted_user » Mar 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Okay here is the SCOOP.

Found out today that the ADHRC (American Dwarf Hotot Rabbit Club) nationals are in Sedalia, MO. Which basically means coming from Michigan drives *through* St. Louis. My friend Carol really would like to go, but no one else from MI is going (we were talking today at the Lapeer Co. Rabbit Raisers show) but would love to road trip with me. She's not a caver (and nor any interest) and would hang out in the car/somewhere with a book. Anyway, if I can't cave, no reason for me to go, since I don't have any rabbits to enter.

I'm not sure where caves are in MO (other than Perry? somethinglikethat) but I thought there were some around St. Loui too, but not sure if any are around Sedalia. So perhaps a Friday when we are driving in, or Sunday when driving back, would be a better time to cave...or we might drive out Thursday and then that would make Friday open to cave (I realize people work Friday...but maybe someone is around or could just leave early and do a evening/night trip or somesuch?).

I'm not familiar with MO or which grottos are active and I do kinda prefer caving with someone I "know" even if it is just the Interwebs....usually just seems like if there is some form of history I am more accepted. But if anyone can point me to the right grotto or something to contact cool.

Anyone up for adventure?! :D
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: April 7-10th sometime, MO, trip?!?!?

Postby Teresa » Mar 26, 2011 8:56 pm

6300 caves in Missouri, but very few in Pettis County (Sedalia) or along the I-70 corridor (St. Louis to US 65 to Sedalia, the most likely driving route.) Most caves are south of the Missouri River (with the exception of those along the Mississippi River near Hannibal. (Mark Twain show cave- cave in "Tom Sawyer" ). Going through that region you might want to contact Chouteau Grotto (Columbia/Jefferson City) about possibilities. If you ever are doing I-44 corridor, look me up. This is a bad weekend for me: I'm teaching Cub Scouts geology. Fri-Sat.
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum