Russia/Ural/Ekaterinburg

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

Re: Russia/Ural/Ekaterinburg

Postby batrotter » Jul 29, 2010 5:44 am

Must have been translated by Babelfish. That's hilarious.
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby Phil Winkler » Jul 29, 2010 10:36 am

Hilarious, but spam nonetheless. Some of them were quite funny, too.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby Nevskiy » Jul 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Guys, this is not spam was ...
I'm really from Russia, and I invite everyone to visit us
Nevskiy
Infrequent Poster

Postby Phil Winkler » Jul 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Sorry, Nev,

Go ahead and post again then. Are you guys cavers?
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby Nevskiy » Jul 30, 2010 12:43 am

The text is translated through the automatic translator, small divergences with the original text are possible.

We invite to Russia! We not the commercial organisation, we as well as you are engaged in research of underground communications, mines, industrial and military facilities. In Ural Mountains set of mines depth 900 + metres, on a gold mining, silver, magnetit, iron ore and other minerals. In mines there are hundreds minerals, from rock crystal and finishing emeralds. We would be for the sake of foreign visitors, we have a possibility to meet you at the airport, and as free residing. An approximate route, for 10 days:
- Mines on a gold mining of 112-512 metres (underground falls, lakes, failures, weight of the thrown technics. The mine part was developed by German, Romanian and Hungarian prisoners of war)
- Mine on quartz extraction
- The thrown mines on extraction of iron ore, platinum, copper
- The thrown mine on mica extraction
- The thrown talc open-cast mine
- Gold mining on the river by means of a drag (One of few drags in Russia)
And as weight of beautiful underground communications, factories, airdromes. (There is a possibility to look the Russian models of fighters, such as Mig-29, MiG-31, Su-27)
As at desire it is possible to go to Perm off-road and to look the thrown rocket positions of mine start.
On a food + journey across Ural Mountains for 10 days ≈ 150€
In group there are two girls one of which freely knows three languages, difficulties with dialogue will not be. Our age 21-27 year. Us two guys and two girls, are own car. For communication ICQ: 556139062

Phil Winkler wrote:Sorry, Nev,
Go ahead and post again then. Are you guys cavers?

Yes, we are investigating caves and spelostologiey (mines, tunnels,mining camp, underground factories, military units and airfields ... we have enough)
In general we have in Russia a lot of girls doing it.

Often people come to us visitors from the former CIS countries (Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan).
The most popular caves we have it: Smolinski, Sheyhmaninskaya, and many caves along the river Ser'ga
Once again I apologize for such a bad translation of the text. If you are interested I can upload more pictures. And in the mines, we even arrange alloys boats on flooded horizons, snowboard contests.
Nevskiy
Infrequent Poster

Postby batrotter » Jul 30, 2010 5:41 am

Nice pics!
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby ArCaver » Jul 30, 2010 6:44 am

Really nice pics! I have a couple of questions. What kind of crystals are we seeing in the first picture signed by mishay? What sort of radio is the young lady using in the last picture and do you use some sort of repeater in the mine or is it limited to line of sight?
ArCaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Jul 30, 2010 10:48 am

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

Very cool stuff! :kewl: Not exactly your average Russian tourist trip, but I'd go there!
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Nevskiy » Aug 1, 2010 12:01 pm

ArCaver wrote:Really nice pics! I have a couple of questions. What kind of crystals are we seeing in the first picture signed by mishay? What sort of radio is the young lady using in the last picture and do you use some sort of repeater in the mine or is it limited to line of sight?

In a photo well ventilated part of mine, the crystals are nothing more than hoarfrost (snow). We use firm Motorola radio stations, model CP-140, excellent reception in a horizontal, even in labyrinths. With difference of heights there are problems in communication.
Today it was possible to visit mines in Solikamsk, there extract salt, a deposit very old, photos I will show on Tuesday.
I with pleasure would tell about all our trips, but because of the complexities of translation will receive very funny, but we can try =))

Here there are minerals in Solikamsk, photos are not very successful, just made the shot.
Nevskiy
Infrequent Poster

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum