bounce Fantastic

Post trip reports, requests, expedition announcements.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Do not post exact cave locations, either by roads or GPS, or post directions to caves.

bounce Fantastic

Postby Mountain Gnome » Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm

I'm an old school off-the-radar caver looking to get back into the fun. My old caving buddies moved away, got lazy and lame, etc.

I have the rope and gear and experience to get into Ellison's and lead a through-trip. I am NOT offering a "guided" (hold your hand) trip. I am offering to allow you to ride my 600-foot rope, and my knowledge of the route and logistics. YOU must be experienced enough to make it out without my help in an emergency. I do offer advice on using a ropewalker system, and have a bit of extra gear to share, if you already have a frog system that you are experienced with.

There are other caves in the area that I would like to see again, and folks that demonstrate the dedication :cave softly: and skills :bananabat: will be welcome to join me on trips to those.

Reply here and I'll post a link to contact me.
Lets go see the crystals!
Mountain Gnome
Infrequent Poster

Re: bounce Fantastic

Postby Zealia » Apr 27, 2019 7:16 pm

I'd be down to go, but I haven't had any experience with rappelling
Zealia
New Poster

Postby Mountain Gnome » Oct 3, 2019 10:08 am

Sorry Zealia, the system did not notify me of your post. Private-Message me to contact me (I get an email). Note you MUST have rappelling and rope climbing experience and the basic gear to do so if you want to ride my rope.
Mountain Gnome
Infrequent Poster

Postby brdau » Oct 15, 2020 11:14 am

Hey, I know it's been a while but I've got a group of vertically experienced cavers that would love to do a through trip next time we are in the Tag area, as it stands we don't have a long enough rope unless we start tying them together, so someone who knows the cave, and has a long rope would be a fantastic asset. Unfortunately this probably won't be soon, but if you want we can hit you up next time we are in the area.
brdau
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 69426
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Greater Houston Grotto

Return to Trips & Expeditions Forum