Hole Story back issues from 1985

This is the forum of the Dogwood City grotto.

Moderator: Dat5un

Hole Story back issues from 1985

Postby William Bagwell » Apr 29, 2015 7:24 am

Just rejoined DCG after about 26 years :yikes: and see the pdf download back issues only go back 15 years. Looking for two very special (to me and Patrice) dates from summer of 1985, first was a cave rescue training session at Dekalb fire tower and the second is the very next easy trip following. Do not remember what cave, but every one camped at Skyline that night. Both of these events were prior to Labor day / OTR.
William Bagwell
Occasional Poster

NSS #: 24064
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Inactive. DCG mid 1980s

Re: Hole Story back issues from 1985

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Because the Hole Story is only given out a grotto meetings and posted online, I doubt many people are collecting each and every one. Your best option, start with Dave Hughes. I don't know how long he's been in the DCG but I know he saves everything. You can look him up in the NSS Members Manual.

If he doesn't have them, I would suggest talking to Louis Towles. He is the editor of the GA Underground and may have access to these. His email is gueditor@dogwoodcitygrotto.org.
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby graveleye » Apr 30, 2015 7:40 am

someone has been busy scanning old Hole Story's and from what I understand they still have a lot to do. Those issues still exist, and there are still plans to scan them all. It's just slow going. Might want to check with our librarian, Joe Abbott, as well.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby William Bagwell » Apr 30, 2015 8:03 am

Thanks to both of you for the leads! Will try contacting them one by one...

What else is involved with the scanning other than the scanning its self? Any post scan clean up prior to converting to .pdf's that I could help with? Have no artistic talent but removing smudges and such with a photo editor is something I could handle.
William Bagwell
Occasional Poster

NSS #: 24064
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Inactive. DCG mid 1980s

Return to Dogwood City Grotto