Short Drop Problems

Discuss training events, techniques, equipment, safety and related issues. Click here to visit the National Cave Rescue Commission webpage.

Moderator: Tim White

Re: Short Drop Problems

Postby graveleye » Apr 2, 2009 8:22 am

Is your padawan proficient in doing a changeover and just doesn't want to carry the gear or does he feel it's not necessary to put a lot of effort into learning? If it's a learning issue, then my advice would be that knowing how to do a changeover is sort of the keystone, basic maneuver for many, if not most other maneuvers on rope.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Re: Short Drop Problems

Postby Anonymous_Coward » Apr 2, 2009 9:23 am

graveleye wrote:Is your padawan proficient in doing a changeover and just doesn't want to carry the gear or does he feel it's not necessary to put a lot of effort into learning? If it's a learning issue, then my advice would be that knowing how to do a changeover is sort of the keystone, basic maneuver for many, if not most other maneuvers on rope.

With the corollary that if you don't know how to or aren't prepared to do one, you have no business being on rope.
Andy Armstrong
American Carbide Council
Anonymous_Coward
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 45993RL FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Paha Sapa Grotto

Previous

Return to Cave Rescue Techniques Forum