John Ludwigson

This is a new forum to recognize our many caving friends that we have lost. Please feel free to post an "In memory of" thread about your caving friends you have lost.

John Ludwigson

Postby ohiocaver » Feb 22, 2016 2:07 pm

John Ludwigson, NSS 4381, died September 2015. He was a Cleveland Grotto member in the 1960s and a former editor of the Cleve-O-Grotto NEWS.
His wife Rose Jacobius said he died from a long-standing heart condition. At his death, John lived in Gambrills, MD.
He was active in the Cleveland Grotto in the 1960s and contributed articles to the NSS NEWS as well as the Grotto newsletter.
Dean Wilder, NSS 3966, was a long-time friend of John’s and they kept in touch. “I had been friends with John for 61 years,” Dean told me in February. “We shared our hobbies of photography, caving, and astronomy.”
Both graduated from Shaker Heights (Ohio) High School in 1956 and Western Reserve University in 1961. “We were active cavers in the period between 1958 and 1961 in the Cleveland Grotto where he was editor and I was Grotto secretary.” Back then, the Grotto met at the Cudell Arts Center, 10013 Detroit Avenue. Towards the end of John’s time with the Grotto, meetings were at Bowling City, 13900 Detroit Avenue.
Dean now lives in Virginia. Both were members of the D.C Grotto.
“One of the things John really wanted to do was to get to the new NSS Headquarters,” Rose said. While no longer actively caving, she said both of them enjoyed perusing the maps and beautiful photography in the NSS NEWS.
ohiocaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: curt harler
NSS #: 22735RCLFe
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cleveland Grotto MAKC

Return to In Memory of