Charlie Larson has passed away

This is a new forum to recognize our many caving friends that we have lost. Please feel free to post an "In memory of" thread about your caving friends you have lost.

Charlie Larson has passed away

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jun 17, 2015 6:37 pm

For those of you who remember Charlie Larson, from the Oregon Grotto, and a contributor to many things in the NSS, has passed away recently. They're having a memorial service at the Willamette National Cemetery in a suburb of Portland, Oregon on the 22nd of July at 11 a.m. There will be a potluck at Charlie and Jo's place afterward. There will be plenty of food, so you don't have to worry about that, so Kim Luper says, of the Oregon Grotto. The address for the cemetery is 11800 S.E. Mount Scott Blvd., Happy Valley, OR 97086, which is off of I-205, and near the intersection of I-84, which takes you east and west. If you want further information, contact Kim Luper, who is in the NSS Members Manual or write your thoughts at http://www.oregongrotto.com

Sorry I don't have other information.

Ernie Coffman
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Charlie Larson has passed away

Postby Alex Sproul » Jun 21, 2015 11:19 am

Thanks, Ernie, for sharing broadly the loss of Charlie Larson.

He was a giant in the NSS, a mover & shaker, and former president. And a very kind and special man.

I have fond memories of traveling from Tacoma to OG meetings at Charlie and Jo's house in the '70's.

RIP, my friend.

Alex
Alex Sproul
NSS 8086RL/OS
Alex Sproul
Frequent Poster

Name: Alex Sproul
NSS #: 8086RL/OS

Return to In Memory of