Funniest WNS Article!

This is a forum intended only for discussion of White Nose Syndrome.

Moderator: Moderators

Funniest WNS Article!

Postby Cheryl Jones » May 12, 2009 10:46 pm

This has got to be bad translation from English to an obscure language and back to English! :rofl: Or is it just written in Arkansasian? :rofl: :lmao:

Caves closed in trouble to stay spread of baleful bat fungus

Thousands of caves in civil forests are being closed to visitors in an creation to stop the spread of snow-white-nose syndrome, a noxious fungus which is decimating bat colonies and allowing for regarding which there is still no working order.

An danger closure peacefulness was issued aftermost week aside the U.S. Forest Utility for caves in 20 Eastern states, reports the Associated Crowd. A younger order covering the Forest Work’s 13-allege Southern quarter should be issued later this month. The sites on be closed for the sake of up to a year.

Researchers are dubious if the fungus is being spread nearby bats or alongside cavers, so they wait the closures choose announce them frequently to end how it is transmitted.
Read on!
http://www.arkansastroutfishing.com/200 ... at-fungus/
(A photo by "Al Hicks / Stylish York Government Department of Environmental Preservation." !!! :laughing: Stylish indeed!)
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Re: Funniest WNS Article!

Postby NZcaver » May 12, 2009 11:56 pm

Wow... apparently the NSS is now called the "Federal Speleological Alliance"?? :doh: :laughing:

Edit - This so-called blog sounds to me like the nonsense text you get in spam emails and posts, accompanied by a link to some stupid product or service you don't want. Oh wait a minute, that's EXACTLY what it is. :roll: It's not a real fishing blog, it's advertising for some obscure software products. :down:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Jeff Bartlett » May 13, 2009 12:02 am

wow, not even many Arkansans are this bad:

Immense Pine Main - Tarpon Fishing
This envisage if pro all the trout fisherman who press dreamed of bewitching a doughty tarpon on run its course. That is a 8″ fish being trashed before a 80+ lb tarpon. (You certain the undistinguished size trout you’ll take captive this weekend). I unmoving have prime dates at due to the articulate of husbandry. Take gain of these days that are normally booked 9 months in beyond. I even have days within reach in mid May and June!! Are you liable to activity up your game??

Look foremost to fishing with you guys!

April Blog Givaway Conqueror

Congrats to Chris George payment being picked extinguished of the blog contributors scuttle. Chris George won a guided carry off trip. Thanks through despite all your contributions Chris. Your feedback de facto helps us bear our viewers the please they have one’s heart set on.
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Postby batrotter » May 13, 2009 6:18 am

This sounds like a Babelfish translation. It is a software that does translation and it is hilarious to read.
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby Steve S » May 13, 2009 3:59 pm

That sounds like one of those Japanese public signs that they translate into english. Wow!
Steve S
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 61110org
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Connecticut Grotto

Postby icave » May 14, 2009 3:46 pm

"Wow... apparently the NSS is now called the "Federal Speleological Alliance"??"

From now on I think we should be refered to as the "Intergalatic Federal Speleological Alliance." Just sounds better to me.

"Infected bats awaken from hibernation cock’s-crow because they possess used up their reserves of fraternity fat." :rofl:

Lots of good jokes in that one. I's probably get censored for saying any though.
Signature, I don't need no stinkin signature!
icave
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Mike Spencer
NSS #: 48165
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Greater Allentown Grotto

Postby hewhocaves » May 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Im sorry.. Im keeping my membership with the ISSA - the Interstellar Speleological Space Alliance. First on Mars, first on Titan, first in Nebluar IV. Damn fine caving, Nebular IV.
The NSS and WNS: Cooperation, not confrontation.
hewhocaves
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: John Tudek
NSS #: 36021
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MonGrotto

Return to White Nose Syndrome (WNS)