WNS for Cavers Workshop in Tennessee

This is a forum intended only for discussion of White Nose Syndrome.

Moderator: Moderators

WNS for Cavers Workshop in Tennessee

Postby TNCave » Oct 28, 2011 8:59 am

Hello Everyone,

As many of you in the southeast have already seen on TAGNet, we're planning a WNS for Cavers workshop at the Inn at Fall Creek Falls State Park on Saturday, November 19th. The "meat" of the workshop is the cave bat identification and Geomyces destructans/WNS id presentations, but there will be other great presentations such as a WNS update, How to Communicate Information, Decon, etc. Presenters come from a variety of backgrounds including academia, resource mgt., cavers, and private consulting.

There is no cost for the workshop and registration is on-site, no pre-registration is required. Presentations will begin at 9:30 central time. Registration is not limited, but we do have a limited number of field guides which will be handed out during registration beginning around 8:30.

This is a great opportunity for you to learn "from the horses mouth" the state of WNS, bat identification skills, and to find out how you can help. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions: cholliday@tnc.org.

I hope to see you there.

Cory
TNCave
Occasional Poster

Re: WNS for Cavers Workshop in Tennessee

Postby TNCave » Oct 28, 2011 9:20 am

Oh, and I almost forgot, the TN Bat Working Group Meeting is at the same location, same time, on Friday Nov. 18th. It is open to the public and I would encourage anyone interested in current bat research/mgt. in TN to attend.

Cory
TNCave
Occasional Poster

Return to White Nose Syndrome (WNS)