AFWA Annual Meeting On WNS National Plan

This is a forum intended only for discussion of White Nose Syndrome.

Moderator: Moderators

AFWA Annual Meeting On WNS National Plan

Postby PYoungbaer » Sep 12, 2011 11:53 am

The Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies' Annual Meeting, taking place in Omaha, Nebraska, has the following agenda items for today on WNS, including National Plan working group and various updates. Let's hope the state survey information includes the long-awaited information on cumulative bat mortalities:

http://www.fishwildlife.org/files/White-NoseSyndromeWorkingGroup_AnnualMeeting-2011.pdf
PYoungbaer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16161 CM FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Vermont Cavers Association

Re: AFWA Annual Meeting On WNS National Plan

Postby BrianC » Sep 16, 2011 9:10 am

PYoungbaer wrote:The Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies' Annual Meeting, taking place in Omaha, Nebraska, has the following agenda items for today on WNS, including National Plan working group and various updates. Let's hope the state survey information includes the long-awaited information on cumulative bat mortalities:

http://www.fishwildlife.org/files/White-NoseSyndromeWorkingGroup_AnnualMeeting-2011.pdf

I believe that they will finally realize that the mortality is close to a million bats. :rofl:
BrianC
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: AFWA Annual Meeting On WNS National Plan

Postby PYoungbaer » Sep 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Yeah, but who's counting? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, seriously, who IS counting? As you know I've asked USFWS repeatedly, and even sent a message copying all the state wildlife agencies in the East to send in data and I'll compile it. Some of those agency folks have pleaded with me to tell USFWS to ask them, but, to my knowledge, it hasn't happened. I don't get it.
PYoungbaer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16161 CM FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Vermont Cavers Association

Return to White Nose Syndrome (WNS)