WNS for Cavers Workshop in TN

This is a forum intended only for discussion of White Nose Syndrome.

Moderator: Moderators

WNS for Cavers Workshop in TN

Postby TNCave » Jun 7, 2011 11:55 am

Hello all,

The TN Bat Working Group Meeting is scheduled for Friday November 18th at the Inn at Fall Creek Falls State Park. This meeting will have plenty of interest to cavers and is always a very good meeting with great presenters. This year, I'm planning to organize a WNS for Cavers workshop for Saturday November 19th. This workshop will go over some WNS science, basic bat identification, WNS surveillance methodology, how to report potential WNS sightings, etc.

This workshop is certainly not limited to TN based cavers as the information will be relevant to anyone the southeast, mid-south, midwest, etc. Fall Creek Falls State Park does have several lodging options including the Inn and conference center and a campground with improved and primitive camping available. There is a restaurant at the Inn and some very nice hiking/scenic opportunities. I hope folks will come out for one or both of these meetings and plan to have a good time.

Please let me know if you have questions of suggestions as we are in the very early stages of planning for this workshop.

Best Wishes,

Cory
TNCave
Occasional Poster

Return to White Nose Syndrome (WNS)