First On Rope post!

Discuss vertical caving, equipment, & techniques. Also visit the NSS Vertical Section.

Moderator: Tim White

Postby NZcaver » Jan 20, 2006 12:26 am

Squirrel Girl wrote:Nice a**! :waving:

{Wayne, can I say that without getting thrown off the board?}

Nice Squirrel! :laughing: Can I say that?

Thanks for the compliment, I think... :oops:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby NZcaver » Jan 20, 2006 12:31 am

wendy wrote:awww that's so sweet...you think I'm special

Yep. I think it takes a special person to happily compound all the dangers of caving with all the dangers of diving. Good luck with that! :wink:

Like Strider's wife, mine would also kill me if I got into cave diving - if the diving didn't do it first. :doh:

:scuba: But someone's got to push those sumps, I guess. Just be careful, and take photos - 'cause I'll never be seeing some of that stuff for myself...
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby cave rat » Jan 26, 2006 1:18 am

My first time on rope was on a Birmingham Grotto trip to Kennamer Cave in North Alabama. I did not have a rack or harness. So I went out and bought myself a harness from a local climbing store and a friend of mine let me have his old Blue Water Rack.

I was kinda of skiddish at the 45' pull-down drop(at that time there was a rope rigged there) when I back over the lip. But on the way down, I started to enjoy the ride.

That was in the Summer of 1998. By January 1999 I had a full Frog System and was bouncing my first pit in Huntsville, Alabama- Hoopers Well- 90'.

So, being on rope for the first time has never been a issue for me even though my first rapel was at a in-cave drop.
Cave Rat
NSS 46542RE
SCCI
Jackson County/Scottsboro Grotto
cave rat
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 46542RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Jackson County-Scottsboro Grotto

Previous

Return to On Rope!