First Harness

Discuss vertical caving, equipment, & techniques. Also visit the NSS Vertical Section.

Moderator: Tim White

Postby cave rat » Jan 2, 2006 10:03 am

I like the PMI Pit Viper Harness. I have one that I use for my Frog. Very comfortable. I also have a ON ROPE Endurance harness that I use for my Rope Walking system.
Cave Rat
NSS 46542RE
SCCI
Jackson County/Scottsboro Grotto
cave rat
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 46542RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Jackson County-Scottsboro Grotto

Postby Baazalung » May 16, 2006 2:27 pm

Though I'm a Petzl fan, I just bought an MTDE Amazonia for less then 50$. Is it me or harnesses are cheaper in Europe?
It's better down here than out there...
Baazalung
Frequent Poster

Postby paul » May 17, 2006 6:51 am

Baazalung wrote:Though I'm a Petzl fan, I just bought an MTDE Amazonia for less then 50$. Is it me or harnesses are cheaper in Europe?

You can buy Singing Rock brand harnesses http://www.singingrock.com/article.asp?nArticleID=490&nLanguageID=2 for roughly half the cost of Petzl equivalent harnesses - the "Digger" is very similar to the older design Petzl "Fractio" (a bit bulkier and heavier) and retails for about GBP 31 as opposed to about GBP 62 for the "Fractio".

I don't know if you can get Singing Rock harnesses in the US but its worth a look.
paul
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Paul Lydon

Postby hank moon » May 17, 2006 10:22 am

paul wrote:I don't know if you can get Singing Rock harnesses in the US but its worth a look.

their climbing harnesses are easy to find, but haven't seen any speleo stuff around...those interested may want to contact Liberty Mountain as they import a lot of Singing Rock products.

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Previous

Return to On Rope!