Buffalo National River

Discuss vertical caving, equipment, & techniques. Also visit the NSS Vertical Section.

Moderator: Tim White

Buffalo National River

Postby holtja » Aug 30, 2006 4:27 am

:patriotic2: I'm unfortunately stationed in North Dakota and am planing a trip down to Fitton (and others) on the buffalo and am wondering if anyone would help me out. I've done vertical in TAG (neversink, Natural Well, Valhalla) and a little bit in MO where I was stationed before. I've been to the Buffalo and to Fitton probable a dozen times but haven't had the opportunity to do any vertical there. I have learned from NPS that there are several pits in the park, but they won't tell me where. 4 people including myself are going down there and in to Fitton on the 18th and the 21st of Sept. and would like to do some pits while we are there. If anyone can help me out with locations it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jeff :hairpull:
holtja
Infrequent Poster

Postby chaz » Sep 7, 2006 10:29 pm

I Wish I could ditch work and bounce pits with Y'all all week long! Hope you have a great trip!
Respect the past and learn, Be active in the present and enjoy, Contribute to the future in a constructive manner. Chaz NSS 55321
chaz
Frequent Poster

Postby Landon Parks » Sep 9, 2006 10:50 pm

Were not suppose to post locations of caves on the board. My Advice is contact the local grotto (go the NSS site and find the nearest one) and ask them to get you locations.

You'll probably have better luck.
Landon D. Parks
Caver /
Tour Guide - Bluespring Caverns Park, Indiana
(http://www.bluespringcaverns.com)

landon2006@gmail.com
Landon Parks
Occasional Poster

Return to On Rope!