SWAT rappeller looses pants

Discuss vertical caving, equipment, & techniques. Also visit the NSS Vertical Section.

Moderator: Tim White

Postby Evan G » Jul 22, 2006 10:26 am

Besides SWAT's don't do that type of rappel anyway because they need to be able to enter the building and get off rope immediately, via through an opened (or sometimes closed) window, so this mean normal type of rappelling facing the wall and heads up.

Did not know that, thanks Ralph.

I like the roll of Duct Tape(assuming it is) that is attached to the SWAT guy's waist. I'm sure that can be incorporated into the rescue. :grin:
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: EEG
NSS #: 28685
Primary Grotto Affiliation: NRMG

Postby George Dasher » Jul 26, 2006 2:48 pm

Hey Scott!

THANKS!!

The link was what it took.

:kewl:
George Dasher
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16643
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Charleston Grotto

Postby chh » Jul 28, 2006 9:06 am

Man, I think I would be really scared if I was hanging like that. Especially if I landed there all of a sudden. I hope he didn't crater. And now, having said that.......

BWAHHHHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

I don't think this guy made the cut to be on the swat team. Looks like the rope he's rapping on is probably one half of a fixed, doubled rope. If he was a real man, he'd just grab the other strand and get into a dulfersitz! Leave that silly 'ol harness hanging there. :grin: Plus, if it was a matter of the harness slipping because it wasn't doubled back or something, he's on a time bomb anyway.

This picture reminds me of the new guys who come into the climbing gym I go to and put on a harness for the first time and immediately start complaining about how it hurts their bits and pieces. I can just hear the machismo at the top of the training tower. "Oh, I have such huge nutz! This harness is too tight, I've got to loosen it up. Did I mention I'm well endowed?"
Your words of caution are no match for my disaster style!
chh
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: caleb
NSS #: 55745

Previous

Return to On Rope!