Most vertical feet on rope in one month

Discuss vertical caving, equipment, & techniques. Also visit the NSS Vertical Section.

Moderator: Tim White

Re: Most vertical feet on rope in one month

Postby Vertigo » Jul 2, 2011 8:45 pm

chh wrote:
BrianC wrote:Just wondering what the most vertical feet on rope anyone has climbed in one month? Jon Mnich has just finished climbing 5332' tonight at Cagles Chasm, that's 29x184' bringing his total monthly vertical assent to over 53000' simply to much for me and my aging body to comprehend. :kewl:

That certainly is a feather in your hat, but why? Is he trying for a record, or raising money, or does he just like to climb rope THAT much?

None of the above, one day I realized I ate too much pizza and got fat "ridgewalking".
Vertigo
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby BrianC » Jul 2, 2011 8:59 pm

Vertigo wrote:
chh wrote:
BrianC wrote:Just wondering what the most vertical feet on rope anyone has climbed in one month? Jon Mnich has just finished climbing 5332' tonight at Cagles Chasm, that's 29x184' bringing his total monthly vertical assent to over 53000' simply to much for me and my aging body to comprehend. :kewl:

That certainly is a feather in your hat, but why? Is he trying for a record, or raising money, or does he just like to climb rope THAT much?

None of the above, one day I realized I ate too much pizza and got fat "ridgewalking".

:rofl:
BrianC
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby paul » Jul 3, 2011 10:26 am

Stridergdm wrote:
paul wrote:UK caver Rob Eavis of Sheffield University Speleological Society managed to prusik up Titan (a 141.5 metre/464 feet shaft in Peak Cavern in Derbyshire, UK) several times on Satuday 6th Spetember and raised money for Cancer Research UK. He had planned on a Mile of prusiking but unfortunately Rob chose a very wet weekend in the Peak and conditions were very wet! Rob still managed to last 7 hours on a rope and prusik 1,630 metres/5,347 feet! :clap:

Umm, unless English feet are a bit different, it sounds like he actually succeeded? Your use of "unfortunately" makes it sound like he didn't meet his plan.

No - Rob acheived his goal alright - he did the Mile as planned. It was very wet though due to the weather - this was the 'unfortunate' part!
paul
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Paul Lydon

Postby chh » Jul 3, 2011 5:01 pm

Vertigo wrote:
chh wrote:

Now THAT I can get behind! :laughing:
Your words of caution are no match for my disaster style!
chh
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: caleb
NSS #: 55745

Previous

Return to On Rope!