Gibson/Firefly II Schematic

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

Gibson/Firefly II Schematic

Postby Scott Parvin » Feb 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Hello Everyone!

I own two Firefly II's and have had great success with them over the past few years. Recently, I have started tinkering with electronic construction and I was wondering if the circuit schematic for the Gibson/Firefly II is available in the public domain or is it a proprietary item.

I know the trigger is available in a kit form, but I just thought I might homebrew one myself from the schematic.

Thanks for the help.
Scott A. Parvin
NSS 29279 RL, FE
Disclaimer -- Views expressed are mine and do not reflect the opinion of the NSS or Board of Governors.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
Scott Parvin
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 29279 LF
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham

Re: Gibson/Firefly II Schematic

Postby NZcaver » Feb 19, 2008 1:04 pm

Not sure if the schematic is proprietary or not. This PDF document describes the kitset slave unit in detail. More information can also be found here. I suggest ordering at least the PCBs from the UK, and maybe local sourcing the components and containers. Let me know if you do find those same containers locally as I am looking for a few replacements. They are similar to 35mm film canisters, but slightly longer.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Scott Parvin » Feb 19, 2008 2:53 pm

NZcaver wrote:Not sure if the schematic is proprietary or not. This PDF document describes the kitset slave unit in detail. More information can also be found here. I suggest ordering at least the PCBs from the UK, and maybe local sourcing the components and containers. Let me know if you do find those same containers locally as I am looking for a few replacements. They are similar to 35mm film canisters, but slightly longer.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I find any.
Scott A. Parvin
NSS 29279 RL, FE
Disclaimer -- Views expressed are mine and do not reflect the opinion of the NSS or Board of Governors.

Scott Parvin
Prolific Poster

Postby Scott Parvin » Feb 20, 2008 11:04 am

NZcaver wrote:I suggest ordering at least the PCBs from the UK, and maybe local sourcing the components and containers.

I just placed my order for one complete kit and ten PCB's from David Gibson. I did notice that the kit comes with a circuit diagram. I'll update the fabrication progress...
Scott A. Parvin
NSS 29279 RL, FE

Scott Parvin
Prolific Poster

Return to Photography and Videography Forum