Some Photos of Philippine Caves

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby jingvelos » Jan 11, 2008 1:30 am

Hi Guys!

Just sharing to you my old caving pictures in the Philippines.

Maetas Cave, Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat, Philippines (2007)

Lamac Cave, Cebu, Philippines (2005)

Otso Cave, Kapalong, Davao Del Norte (2006)

Lagbasan Cave, Sen. Ninoy Aquino, Sultan Kudarat (2005)

Klaja Cave, Gen. Santos City (2005)

Duba Cave, Baggao, Cagayan North (2005)

Sumalsag Cave, Bukidnon (1999)

Salkak Cave, Polomolok, South Cotabato (2004)

Salamt (Thanks)

Jing Velos
jingvelos
Infrequent Poster

Re: Some Photos of Philippine Caves

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jan 11, 2008 6:30 am

Thanks for posting the pictures!! We don't get enough of 'em here and yours are great.

Wow, that Duba Cave pic... ya have to look closely to see the little people in it!
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby wyandottecaver » Jan 11, 2008 4:38 pm

:kewl: thanks squirrelgirl, I saw that pick and just thought it was a cobble crawl!
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby jingvelos » Jan 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks, By the way Duba Cave is in Nothern Tip of the Philippines. It is site of the 6th National Philippine Speleological Society's Caving Congress in 2005..

Jing
jingvelos
Infrequent Poster

Postby jingvelos » Apr 3, 2008 2:17 am

Sharing some pictures from our recent cave exploration at Kulaman, Southern Mindanao, Philippines with NSS Glen Malliet

Mr. Jungee Animas, cave flashman

Ms. Bing Non-Our Cave Biologist

Glen Malliet

Termite Mud House

Tropical Rain Forest

Flash system of Glen with my cam Olympus C8080 and Pentax ME Super with 24mm f2.8 lens (film)

Sarangani Bay Area Outdoor Club "Goes Everywhere" My club

All photos were taken with Olympus C8080 and suntax flash
jingvelos
Infrequent Poster

Postby asiancave » May 7, 2008 1:00 am

When you were there did you do only dry caving or did you do some underwater cave diving? I have run alot of exploration trips over there myself. I have about 7 more unexplored caves to try out. When I say unexplored I would mean the underwater sections have not been dove. This is info coming from a guide of mine in the area I have been exploring.

asiancave
asiancave
Infrequent Poster

Postby jingvelos » Jul 25, 2008 2:01 am

Not yet into cave diving......

Anyway, The Caves in our area in Southern Mindanao Philippines is mostly unexplored. On the Kulaman Con Karsts Area, some parts of the karstland is still covered with tropical rain forest , big rivers. This Ausgust, our club, The Sarangani Bay Area Outdoor Club, Inc. (http://www.sbaoc.com) together with Speleo we'll be back again there for our 3rd exploration for the coming 3rd PSS Mindanao Caving Forum.....We'll be exploring two large sinkhole (both with 50 mtrs diameter at 50 to 75 mtrs pit)....We'll give you feedback after the exploration...

jingvelos
Infrequent Poster

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jul 25, 2008 5:13 am

jingvelos wrote:Not yet into cave diving......

Anyway, The Caves in our area in Southern Mindanao Philippines is mostly unexplored. On the Kulaman Con Karsts Area, some parts of the karstland is still covered with tropical rain forest , big rivers. This Ausgust, our club, The Sarangani Bay Area Outdoor Club, Inc. (http://www.sbaoc.com) together with Speleo we'll be back again there for our 3rd exploration for the coming 3rd PSS Mindanao Caving Forum.....We'll be exploring two large sinkhole (both with 50 mtrs diameter at 50 to 75 mtrs pit)....We'll give you feedback after the exploration...

Quit posting all this cool stuff! You're gonna make me figure out how to take a trip to the Philippines!!!!

(just kidding--it's great to see what you're doing over there)
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby Glen Malliet » May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Howdy Jing-
I have a group interested in a recon expedition with SBAOC in SK later this year. I can't find any email address for you or SBAOC. Please contact me at my yahoo email account as soon as convenient.
Hope all is well and good with you all-
Glen Malliet :cave softly:
Glen Malliet
New Poster

NSS #: 22936

Postby self-deleted_user » May 17, 2011 6:46 pm

OH wow...old thread bump...and awesome photos!!! Some of those look like paintings! Dang! :D
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby pub » May 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Hey there Glen,

Long time no look! Charlie tells me you & Melody wore your Mabini T-shirts in spite of the snow @ SpeleoEd… thanks for the use of your photo!

The only contact info I have for SBAOC is from the 11th National Caving Congress where one of their members is listed in the directory; I sent it in a PM to you.

You can also try contacting Jing thru his multiply.com account.

...and welcome to cavechat! :clap:
Balincaguin comes from the Zambal phrase, "Bali lan caguing" meaning "house of bats."
This was the former name of the Municipality of Mabini, Pangasinan, when it was part of the Province of Zambales (of Mt. Pinatubo Volcano fame).
pub
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: jerry rendon
NSS #: 61437
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Balincaguin Conservancy Grotto [Primary] + SoCal Grotto

Postby jingvelos » May 19, 2011 9:58 pm

@ Pub, thanks for informing...Its been a while that i visit my multiply and cavechat account....Anyway i just requested glen to add me on his facebook account...Salamat

@Glen....Long time to hear from you....Kumusta na....How are you and Meloy...Congratulations

BTW...Bing, Titing and Mikko has just been to SK on a 9 days cave bioinventory project with students from the biology department of Mindanao State University. Right now we're planning to bid for 2013 PSSI National Caving Congress at SNA...We are now into negotiation with government officials of the province..This coming July, we be having a cave assessment with the Department of Environment and Natural Resource and the Municipality of Kabacan as part of the requirement for cave classification of the Regional Cave Committee. As you know, Kabacan is located in Cotabato-Bukidnon Karsts and much bigger than Kulaman Karsts...This is a big challenge as the area is near conflict zone...

If ever your plan will push thru, just contact me in my facebook account, we'll gladly accommodate your expedition team to Sultan Kudarat. Just PM me for your requirements....SALAMAT
:kewl:
jingvelos
Infrequent Poster

Postby pub » May 22, 2011 6:38 pm

YW Jing, hope you two get connected.

Glen, hope you’ll have time to swing by our part of the country!

Here are more photos just to stay OT.
This is my first attempts at HDR:
…and a regular flash shot:
Taken at the Cabalyoriza entrance to the Santo Rosario Cave System, Mabini, Pangasinan.
Balincaguin comes from the Zambal phrase, "Bali lan caguing" meaning "house of bats."
This was the former name of the Municipality of Mabini, Pangasinan, when it was part of the Province of Zambales (of Mt. Pinatubo Volcano fame).
pub
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: jerry rendon
NSS #: 61437
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Balincaguin Conservancy Grotto [Primary] + SoCal Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » May 23, 2011 9:40 am

I like the 2nd better actually :)

Also wowwww prettttttttttttty! :D
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Ernie Coffman » May 23, 2011 11:19 am

Nice seeing you still involved, over in the Philippines, Glen. Like others have mentioned, "Long time yakking with you." :woohoo: Guess you've told all the cavers about your own cave, King Tut's, 'eh what? :cavingrocks: Stay well and welcome to the listserv.
Ernie Coffman
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Next

Return to Photography and Videography Forum