Announcing the First Annual SCCi Photo and Video Contest!
Break out your camera and get ready! We have a new contest starting that we need your help to make successful. Have great photographs or video of an SCCi property? Now both SCCi members AND non-members have the chance to share their pictures or video footage with the rest of the caving community and beyond. As the SCCi works to expand beyond just the caving community, we have developed a new marketing campaign called Sharing the Secrets. To fit with this new idea, we have 4 different categories of secrets the SCCi works to preserve-Secret Beauty, Secret Adventure, Secret Life, and Secret Water. Photographs and video footage must fit into one of the categories. Images do not have to be of a cave itself, but must be taken on SCCI preserves!
Contest begins January 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM and runs until February 14, 2015 at midnight. All photographs and videos that are sent by mail must be received by February 14, 2015. Winners will be announced at the 2015 Frick’s Open House on February 28 2015. All images will be judged by a panel of judges that include both photographers and non-photographers and both cavers and non-cavers.
There will be 2 groups with 4 categories each:
There will be a winner in each of the photography categories above. In addition to these categories, there will be a best of show photograph and video selected as the grand prize winners.
We are also excited to announce a People’s Choice contest. All photos will be uploaded to the SCCi Facebook page by category. We then encourage you to invite your friends to Like the SCCi page and vote for your pictures. The photo in each category with the most likes will be the winner of the People’s Choice award.
1. Must be a picture or video of an SCCi property and the person submitting must be the owner of the work.
2. There are no restrictions on the number of entries.
3. Please send all digital files to firstname.lastname@example.org
. For prints or digital files too large to e-mail, please mail them to the address given below.
4. For submission to be accepted, you must include the following information in your e-mail: Photographer first and last name, first and last name of all people in the picture from left to right, name of the SCCi property where the photo/video was taken, and category you are entering your photo in.
5. For submission of video footage to be accepted, it must be saved in a format where it can be imported and edited for future use by the SCCi. You must include videographer’s first and last name, any person appearing in the videos first and last name, the SCCi property where the footage was taken, and the category in which you are entering your video footage. Video files may be mailed on disc to the address below.
Send all non-digital photography files and all videography files to:
SCCi Photography Contest
c/o Brad Barker
236 Old Calhoun Road NE
Rome, GA 30161
If you have any questions, please contact Brad Barker at email@example.com
By submitting any photo whether digital or print or any video footage, you are giving the SCCi explicit permission to reuse the images for any purpose as deemed appropriate or necessary. Credit will be given to the photographer or videographer when images are used.
Permission to repost and share among other mailing list is permitted. Please help share this message.