a bridge..if you have seen it you know where it is...

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mark620 » May 7, 2006 8:21 pm

I was there on the saturday when all the drilling & porting went on, then the brige went up on sunday. I know the people who built it and put it together. The bridge was actually built outside before moving it to the cave. The tread is a piece of SS farm conveyer. It was donated and without it, the bridge would not have been built.
"People who really believe that global warming leads us to a doomsday should be treated as mentally ill." Quote : Luboš Motl
Mark620
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 55638
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Owners Club _ I own Caves

Postby mgmills » May 7, 2006 8:38 pm

Mark620 wrote:I was there on the saturday when all the drilling & porting went on, then the brige went up on sunday. I know the people who built it and put it together. The bridge was actually built outside before moving it to the cave. The tread is a piece of SS farm conveyer. It was donated and without it, the bridge would not have been built.

I figured you helped since your pictures showed the bridge outside and in progress. The picture of the gate underconstruction is good. The gate is "a pain" to open. It was built for people with long arms. I went there once with an "all girls" group and we could not open the gate. Fortunately, we had the key to the "old entrance" gate so we were able to get in.

I have included a picture of me crossing the bridge in this post.Image
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Mark620 » May 9, 2006 7:01 pm

mgmills wrote: The picture of the gate underconstruction is good. The gate is "a pain" to open. It was built for people with long arms. I went there once with an "all girls" group and we could not open the gate. Fortunately, we had the key to the "old entrance" gate so we were able to get in.

actually, the person who set the lock position, can barely get it open (he does not have long arms). The only way he can get it unlocked is to have the key on a very large key ring, then he can just barely open the lock... :doh:
"People who really believe that global warming leads us to a doomsday should be treated as mentally ill." Quote : Luboš Motl
Mark620
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 55638
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Owners Club _ I own Caves

Previous

Return to Photography and Videography Forum