TAG Photojournal

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

TAG Photojournal

Postby self-deleted_user » Oct 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Because I don't feel like typing a lot today but I want to post photos from TAG and the caving I did there the week after the cave-in and before Bridge Day.

First stop: Stephen's Gap. Wanted to go there again but figured it would be crowded, right? So...lo and behold Friday night was going to be something like 97% illumination for the moon and it would hit peak between 11 and midnight or so. Perfect, can't be anyone up there at night like that, right? Yup, right! Although this trip would work better after the leaves are off the trees I think. Managed to get some cool shots though. I actually dragged my dSLR up there for this, knowing i could walk it in the side entrance and not make it muddy.

After rigging at dusk...
Stephens Gap Dusk - Hanging out by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Playing with mixing light painting and my flash gun
Stephens Gap Night - Flash Testing by Sunguramy, on Flickr

This was done with the moonlight coming through the trees on the side entrance, and lighting from behind as well for the shadow throws
Stephens Gap Night - Moonlit Beauty by Sunguramy, on Flickr

And my first attempt at stitching together multiple flashes from someone going down rope and stopping/flashing the gun at a couple points. Stephens Gap really looks different at night, it's pretty cool.
stephens gap panoramic entrace by Sunguramy, on Flickr

~*~*~*~

Next stop to War Eagle. My 50th cave trip! And sadly...my P60 didn't work when I checked it prior to the trip. So I borrowed a friend's Olympus shockproofwaterproof camera. Had some troubles with it (noooo manual controls, what? 0.o yipes!) but I think I managed a few decent shots with it, most likely because Marduke has awesome lights to make up for the pitfalls of the poor widdle Olympus.

PA100013 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

I loved this little sodastrawhelectitewhatchacallit
PA100025 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

hehe caverphotopose
PA100028 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

~*~*~*~
And then the Bluff River photo trip =) With my new Panasonic Lumix LX3

Salamander and her little baby eggs
Bluff River Cave 01 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

lighting up some cool rimstone (I have a ton of rimstone shots, I love all the rimstone)
Bluff River Cave 06 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

I promise this is the last rimstone shot I will bore you with though.
Bluff River Cave 07 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

This was cool, I liked how the white deposits were made - it looks like ocean waves to me espeically since the Apex I used to light it with is cool tint ;)
Bluff River Cave 08 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Probably my favourite formation in the whole cave...if it looks familiar it should, I entered a photo of this in the NSS salon but this one is much better I think (as are the other 3 shots of this I got...ha)
Bluff River Cave 14 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Little..Tricolour? on some fossils of...fan coral?
Bluff River Cave 13 by Sunguramy, on Flickr
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: TAG Photojournal

Postby Phil Winkler » Oct 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Absolutely lovely!
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Re: TAG Photojournal

Postby Cody JW » Oct 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I think it is amazing the knack she has for how new to caving she is. I am sure Kelly would be proud. I especially like the one at Stephens Gap with the moonlight coming in.
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Return to Photography and Videography Forum