Bahamas Caves Video

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

Bahamas Caves Video

Postby conchsaladtv » Jun 11, 2011 11:47 am

Hi everybody,
We recently made a video about caves int he Bahamas here:

http://www.conchsaladtv.com/caves-of-the-bahamas/

Lots of local cavers and cave divers helped create it, let us know what you think about it.
conchsaladtv
Infrequent Poster

Re: Bahamas Caves Video

Postby pub » Jun 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks for sharing; it’s given me ideas for a similar video of our caves. I esp. like the predator/prey footage of the Gobies. :kewl:

and welcome to cavechat!
Balincaguin comes from the Zambal phrase, "Bali lan caguing" meaning "house of bats."
This was the former name of the Municipality of Mabini, Pangasinan, when it was part of the Province of Zambales (of Mt. Pinatubo Volcano fame).
pub
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: jerry rendon
NSS #: 61437
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Balincaguin Conservancy Grotto [Primary] + SoCal Grotto

Postby conchsaladtv » Jun 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks for watching Pub. I'll look forward to seeing your video when its done-are you going to be able to post it?
conchsaladtv
Infrequent Poster

Postby nathanroser » Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Very cool, the last time I was in The Bahamas some friends and I had a very intense discussion about blue holes, do you know how deep the deepest one known is right now?
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Postby pub » Jun 18, 2011 5:13 pm

deepest blue holes bahamas

Blue Hole Wiki - The deepest blue hole in the world—at 202 metres (663 ft)—is Dean's Blue Hole, located in a bay west of Clarence Town on Long Island, Bahamas. Other blue holes are about half that depth at around 100–120 metres (330–390 ft). The diameter of the top entrance ranges typically from 25–35 metres (82–115 ft) (Dean's Blue Hole) to 300 metres (980 ft) (Great Blue Hole in Belize).
Balincaguin comes from the Zambal phrase, "Bali lan caguing" meaning "house of bats."
This was the former name of the Municipality of Mabini, Pangasinan, when it was part of the Province of Zambales (of Mt. Pinatubo Volcano fame).
pub
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: jerry rendon
NSS #: 61437
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Balincaguin Conservancy Grotto [Primary] + SoCal Grotto

Postby sathi_sms » Jul 25, 2011 11:28 pm

nice vedio. i watched all.
its me
sathi
sathi_sms
Infrequent Poster

Postby nathanroser » Jul 30, 2011 9:49 pm

I think the Wikipedia page is quite out of date, El Zacaton in Mexico is definitely over 900 feet deep, and I heard about one in The Bahamas that was over 1300 feet deep. Apparently people there have these crazy freediving competitions in them where they get on weighted sleds and just sink until they decide to let go and swim back up.
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Return to Photography and Videography Forum