Photos Needed for NSS Youth Groups Liaison Com. Presentation

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

Photos Needed for NSS Youth Groups Liaison Com. Presentation

Postby Patricia Bingham » Mar 12, 2006 6:37 am

Here's your chance for audiences across the country to see your photo (and name!) in a presentation that will be available for cavers to use for educational purposes. I get asked about a presentation all the time, and so we are making it happen. I want this finished and available by the end of March, so please send your photos to me soon.

I have dial-up and so please make sure the file size is less than 600 KB. I think that's the right unit. Anyway, the size has to be pretty small. Or send your photos on a CD to Pat Bingham, 118 Autumn Dr., Stafford, VA 22556.Please include your e-mail address. I will not be able to return the disks.

This PowerPoint presentation outline is available at http://www.caves.org/youth/safecavingproject.html . This is a very rough outline; I'm sure the end result will be very different. Download the presentation to your computer and work with it from there.

If you'd like to submit your photos, please send them to nssyouth@msn.com in jpeg format, and list how you would like your name to appear for the credit.

If there is a slide topic that you think your photograph would work out especially well for, please let me know which one it is. No promises, but I'll try!

Thanks much,

Pat Bingham, Chair, NSS Youth Groups Liaison Committee
Last edited by Patricia Bingham on Mar 13, 2006 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Patricia Bingham
Frequent Poster

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Mar 12, 2006 9:35 pm

I have pics of kids caving (13 and up) ... what specifically do you want? Kids on rope caving? I got a couple of one kid learning how to survey, another admiring formations, and so forth.
I'm a strong believer in educating the young and starting them out early so that when they grow up to be teens or young adults they'll (I hope) be far less likely to be prone to vandalism type actions/thinking.

If you want just any then I'll see what I can come up with.
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Postby Patricia Bingham » Mar 13, 2006 4:23 am

Hi Ralph,

I'm really looking for mainly shots of cave formations and critters right now. Not so much kids, but always could use a supply of these shots for future projects, and to feature on the website. If the kids are looking at a formation, that would be good to have. The shot of the kid surveying would be a great one to have, as would be a kid on rope.

Send everything you got! I really want to finish this project. :)

For more specific info on what I'm looking for, go to the PowePoint show on the website and you'll see the topics listed at the top of each slide. I had originally put the wrong address on the first note and have since corrected it.

Thanks!
Patricia Bingham
Frequent Poster

Return to Photography and Videography Forum