New Around These Parts

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New Around These Parts

Postby bencurnett » Dec 10, 2009 10:41 am

Hi all. I met a bunch of you at Bridge Day this year up in WV, so I wanted to drop in...

I do all the online stuff for bridgeday. Actually, my partner and I. If you were there at the safety meeting, I was the guy who gave the fat-guy-with-a-funnel-cake speech :big grin: We're taking a new turn with the event, trying to keep more content coming, especially more rappel content. I thought some of the folks here on cavechat would be interested in it, hence the intro.

About me: I'm not a caver (yet). I've been a raft guide around the world (most exotic locale: Yangtze, Tibet). I'm a writer, and I create content for outdoor businesses and events. My first rappel was at Stone Mountain NC when I was 16, about 22 years ago. And I once walked through the dead part of Mammoth Cave on a 7th grade tour :doh:

Anyway, there's some video we just posted on the bridgeday facebook page of rappels from the bridge that I wanted to post http://snip.li/1c5345 . Enjoy.

One last note- Just about everyone I met at Bridge Day, from the safety team to crews in the campground, told me they were cavers, which is why I'm posting here on cavechat. If this is too off-topic, just let me know. This isn't intended to be spam, spam-like, or, um, spammish (?) at all.
bencurnett
Infrequent Poster

Re: New Around These Parts

Postby graveleye » Dec 10, 2009 11:20 am

Nope, not off topic at all, and welcome to the forum. Now we just need to make a caver out of you so you'll be more well rounded :grin:

One of these days I'm going to get up there to bridge day... still working my way up to that though.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Return to Caver Introductions