new to tennessee caving

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

new to tennessee caving

Postby climbingchamp » Sep 10, 2009 11:10 pm

im new to caving but i am a avid climber. i would like some one to kinda teach me the roaps and maby take me on a few trips im in the knoxville aera. any body interested . thanks
climbingchamp
Infrequent Poster

Name: wil

Re: new to tennessee caving

Postby mgmills » Sep 12, 2009 8:16 pm

climbingchamp wrote:im new to caving but i am a avid climber. i would like some one to kinda teach me the roaps and maby take me on a few trips im in the knoxville aera. any body interested . thanks

Check out the link at the top of this page "Find Local Caving Club" - there are a couple of grottos within reasonable distance of Knoxville that might could help you out.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby climbingchamp » Sep 12, 2009 9:14 pm

thanks i have looked in to them. they just dont meet often enough. alot changes in a month haha.
climbingchamp
Infrequent Poster

Name: wil

Postby wendy » Sep 13, 2009 12:02 pm

also if you join the NSS you can attend the TAG fall cave-in. Its a good chance to get hands on with some gear if you are looking to buy, alot of vendors are there. Its 3 days of caving, and being social. There are a few organized trips, but not many. www.tagfallcavein.org
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions