Hello from OH

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from OH

Postby R9RPhotography » Sep 7, 2009 7:05 pm

Hello all -

I'm Randy, I'm 28 and live in Reynoldsburg, OH. I went on a caving trip in college - don't ask where it was, I've slept a few times since then :shrug: - and I loved it. I wanted to get more into it then but didn't work out trying to balance school and life in general. Not that things have calmed down significantly, I just have a better handle on the everyday and I have recently been re-overwhelmed (hey, it works) by the desire to cave. Something about being mile(s) underground in a squeeze that you can barely fit your shoulders through and then seeing a 90 degree turn really speaks to me :kewl: I look forward to the camaraderie and knowledge base to be found amongst all of you.

On a side note, I'm an aspiring nature photographer. If anyone would like to check out some of my work you can do so here. Right now this is what takes up 90% of my free time, but I'm trying to add caving to that list as well.
R9RPhotography
New Poster

Re: Hello from OH

Postby pub » Nov 6, 2009 3:48 am

Welcome Randy, you may want to consider posting some of your photos at Online Cavers Network once your get a dozen or two under your helmet... :kewl:
Balincaguin comes from the Zambal phrase, "Bali lan caguing" meaning "house of bats."
This was the former name of the Municipality of Mabini, Pangasinan, when it was part of the Province of Zambales (of Mt. Pinatubo Volcano fame).
pub
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: jerry rendon
NSS #: 61437
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Balincaguin Conservancy Grotto [Primary] + SoCal Grotto

Re: Hello from OH

Postby NZcaver » Nov 6, 2009 4:01 am

Welcome to the forum, Randy. :waving: I see your post was from 2 months ago - sorry nobody welcomed you earlier! :doh: Your post must have slipped through the cracks.

From one aspiring nature photographer to another, those are some nice photos. Hope you've had a chance to get caving, but if not clicking here may help you find a local caving organization to hook up with.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Return to Caver Introductions