Hello from Minnesota

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Minnesota

Postby bishun » Jul 27, 2009 7:45 am

Hello, my name is Aaron and I'm a 24 year old caver.

I was digging through some boxes this morning (I recently moved), and found some of my old NSS periodicals. It reminded me how much I miss getting underground and exploring, I am a past NSS member. I never joined a grotto, mostly because the Minnesota Speleological Survey met too far away from me, this is no longer the case. I am considering checking them [MSS] out, any forum users here that are members should feel free to try to convince me :grin:

I think my introduction to caving began in CO on a family visit; it was long enough ago that I can't recall the caves we visited it, but it did fascinate me even as a kid. My visits to Wind Cave, and Jewel Cave in South Dakota is what really motivated me to start exploring caves right here at home. I've visited the tourist caves here in MN, taken the tours etc., but I'm aware there are good places to explore elsewhere.

Anyways I'm here to read and learn, and hopefully meet some local folks. See you around.

PS. Does the NSS (or any caving society) have an IRC server or channel?
Last edited by bishun on Aug 3, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bishun
Infrequent Poster

Name: Aaron N.
NSS #: 52202

Re: Hello from Minnesota

Postby NZcaver » Jul 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

Not sure about the IRC thing, sorry.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL