yo newer caver

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

yo newer caver

Postby BatBoy95 » Jun 13, 2009 11:31 pm

:bananabat: Heyo yall school is out for the summer and im ready to xplore tuns of caves who else is xcited for summertime bc i rly want to c lots of cul things pls mssage me if you want to meet up and xplore caves my name is adrian and i am just new to this hobby pls help me grow into a master :bananabat:
BatBoy95
Infrequent Poster

Name: Adrian

Re: yo newer caver

Postby Chads93GT » Jun 14, 2009 12:52 am

Step 1. Learn to spell.
Step 2. Grammar.
Step 3. Learn to spell.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby wendy » Jun 14, 2009 6:28 am

it would help if we knew where you were located.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jun 14, 2009 7:00 am

Chads93GT wrote:Step 1. Learn to spell.
Step 2. Grammar.
Step 3. Learn to spell.

Maybe he's typing on a phone. I don't like it, either, but welcome batboy. Teenage jargon isn't the greatest in fora, but let's see what we can do to help you out.

Wendy's right that without knowing where you are, it'll be hard to help.

And, sadly, depending where you're from, you might not get to go into caves due to WNS. We have a whole subforum on that topic.
:cavechat:
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby BatBoy95 » Jun 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Squirrel Girl wrote:
Chads93GT wrote:Step 1. Learn to spell.
Step 2. Grammar.
Step 3. Learn to spell.

Maybe he's typing on a phone. I don't like it, either, but welcome batboy. Teenage jargon isn't the greatest in fora, but let's see what we can do to help you out.

Wendy's right that without knowing where you are, it'll be hard to help.

And, sadly, depending where you're from, you might not get to go into caves due to WNS. We have a whole subforum on that topic.
:cavechat:

Cool dudez. I am in CT lyke near fairfield! Is their lots of cul caves in CT? I 1time found 1 cave in sleaping giant park with my uncle brandon. It wuz cul so I want to find more. I no that i cud b in to this for the summer. wat is WNS?
BatBoy95
Infrequent Poster

Name: Adrian

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jun 14, 2009 5:15 pm

BatBoy95 wrote:Cool dudez. I am in CT lyke near fairfield! Is their lots of cul caves in CT? I 1time found 1 cave in sleaping giant park with my uncle brandon. It wuz cul so I want to find more. I no that i cud b in to this for the summer. wat is WNS?

White Nose Syndrome. It's a plague that's killing off bats in huge numbers. Like 90% of the colonies that are infected.

Unfortunately, CT is right next to the start of the infection in NY. Maybe all the bats will be dead and then there will be nothing left to save and everyone can go caving again.
:sadbanana:

Here's a link to the info for the local "grotto" (club) for CT:
http://www.nssio.org/find_grotto_overview.cfm?state=CT
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Return to Caver Introductions